Treating plagiocephaly and fixin' our daughter's melon!

Sunday, August 12, 2012

We have a crawler!

Our little munchkin started crawling!! She isn't going very far but she's got the motion down! She tries and if she falls, she gets up again and starts over! I can't believe it :)



Her Doc Band definitely isn't holding her back!

We're already noticing some progress, and it's only been 6 days! If we stopped using the band now her head would go back to it's flatter shape.  But, I'm very happy to see that progress has begun. I was hoping this would be a 6 week journey, but seeing how she's adjusted and how freaking adorable she looks, I'd be fine if it winds up being 3-4 months.

We've gone out a number of times and haven't had any stupid comments or whispers.  One little boy asked "why is that baby wearing a helmet?" So my mom and I explained why and he was very happy with our answer.  A few people have given a quick glance, but then said how cute she is and they love the flower on the front. There was one woman who walked by and stared at Bel.  She was trying to be sly about it, but didn't think about the fact that I was standing right there, and could see her (and was watching her) stare as she walked by.  She was the only person whose look was a little discomforting.  But if she's ignorant, and didn't want to ask why she was wearing it, that's her problem. I don't have time for people like her when I have this amazing little girl to take care of!




Two of her stickers have started to peel on the back! BUMMER!! I am going to replace them with a few more rhinestones, I think it will look just as cute.  I'm sure we'll have to take everything off in a few weeks, thinking of new ideas. I really like what she has now though, we might just have to do it all over again :)

No comments:

Post a Comment