Treating plagiocephaly and fixin' our daughter's melon!

Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Another great visit!

I know I sound like a broken record saying over and over again how great Isabela's doing...but I can't help it! We had our appointment today and Therese, our orthotist, said she's making great progress. Her head has gotten rounder and the bottom has filled out more too (it's not just a straight, flat drop). The circumference of her head increased by about a cm, which is good because that means it's gotten fuller/rounder. She's very pleased with how she's looking! :)

I forgot to take a picture of her head mold or headsicle as I heard another mom call it! It's the mold they make of her head, that they used to design her helmet. That's how they measure her progress. It's hilarious, I have to remember to take a picture at our next visit!

In other news: now that she's crawling and sitting up like a pro, she decided to tackle a new skill...pulling herself up and standing, oy!!! It's adorable. She's done it on her Bumbo, a few toys and the couch once! We're in for it...I feel like it won't be long before she's pulling herself up on everything!


No comments:

Post a Comment