Treating plagiocephaly and fixin' our daughter's melon!

Sunday, September 30, 2012

Doc Band Babies Unite!

Almost every time we go out I have a parent approach me telling me that their son/daughter had a Doc Band! They always say how they just feel like they need to come up and tell me and tell me how wonderful it was and how great their child's head looks now. It's really nice...it confirms that the families going through this journey are apart of a community. I know for a fact that once Isabela is done I will approach other parents with children wearing one. I know how it makes me feel positive about it, and I would love to share that feeling with others.

I rarely saw any children with bands before Isabela got hers. I have not seen one with a band now that she has it. I was commenting on this the other day to my family....and today I met another family whose little girl had a band on! I was out to lunch with my dad and a woman tapped me on the shoulder and told me her daughter has a band and its been five weeks. We spoke for a few minutes, exchanging remarks on how amazing it is. I walked over and saw their beautiful baby girl and I think she and Isabela had a moment ;)

The funny part is that she and I are both members of the Doc Band Facebook page...and she has seen a post I made about my blog and has looked at it, and I have seen and "liked" a picture of her baby she posted!!! Small world huh?! It was really nice to see another baby out with a Doc Band. I will probably never see them again, or maybe we'll run into each other at Cranial Tech one day. Perhaps we'll comment on one another's pictures again on Facebook. Maybe that sweet baby girls mom is reading this right now ;)


Speaking of sweet baby girl...look at the smile!

No comments:

Post a Comment